How safe is your information?
Information technology fuels our modern business processes. And those processes are exposed to an increasingly complex array of information security risks. Addressing those risks is critical to ensuring the ongoing success of our organizations. This presentation introduces information security principles that we can reliably use to better understand and address our security needs. It is an introductory resource for business leaders and managers who are new to information security, but are being called upon to protect and sustain their information systems and the processes that rely upon them.
What you'll learn
- Recognize the importance of a risk-based approach to information security
- Understand how basic security principles can be used to protect information and systems in a way that is both effective and cost efficient
- Learn how to ensure that security controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and meeting security requirements
Who should watch
- Leaders seeking reasonable assurance that their information security programs are safeguarding their critical business processes
- Executives looking for proven practices to better understand their information security needs
- Managers responsible for authorizing the design and implementation of security controls that are commensurate with risk