Which costs are allowed?
The new Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (the “Supercircular”) provides increased focus on reducing fraud, waste and abuse in the use of federal grant funds. A key component includes determining costs that are allowable. With the implementation date of the new guidance fast approaching (December 2014), do you know what has changed so you’ll be ready?
What you'll learn
- Identify the major changes pertaining to allowable costs
- Compare / contrast new and existing guidance in key areas such as time and effort reporting
- Develop an understanding of key internal control requirements
- Explore how to find more information
- Outline how your organization can prepare over the next six months
Who should watch
- Grant program administrators, managers and staff
- Accounting and finance personnel
- Internal auditors
- Executives and managers seeking more insight into the grants reforms